Name: Muhammad Iqbal
Nick name: Iqbal
Nationality: British Raj
Born City: Sialkot , Pakistan
Birth Date: 9 November 1877
Profession : Philosopher, Poet, Politician, Lawyer, Professor
Religion : Muslim
University/College :Cambridge University, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich ,Trinity College, Cambridge, Government College University ,Murray College
Degree : Bachelor of Arts in philosophy, English literature and Arabic, Master of Arts
Died on: 21 April 1938 (throat illness)
Father Name: Sheikh Noor Muhammad
Mother Name: Imam Bibi
Siblings: Fatima Bibi (S), Sheikh Ata Muhammad (B), Talay Bibi (S) ,Karim Bibi (S) ,Zaynab Bibi (S)
Spouse: Karim Bibi (m- 1893 ) ,Mukhtar Begum (m- 1913) , Sirdar begum
Children: Javed Iqbal (Mother , Sirdar begum )
Here are list of some famous Books of Dr Allama Iqbal.
- Javid Nama
- bal e jibril
- Payam-e mashriq
- Shikwa and jawab-i-shikwa
- Islam and Ahmadism
- Gift from Hijaz
Who is Allama Iqbal ?
Allama Iqbal was a philosopher, poet, and politician, as well as barrister ,academic and scholar in British India. He is called the “Spiritual Father of Pakistan “.
Allama Iqbal Early Life ,Education and Career :
- Allama Iqbal was born on 9 November 1877 in Sialkot. He belongs to Kashmiri family. Iqbal’s father, Sheikh Noor Muhammad was a tailor.Iqbal’s mother Imam Bibi was humble woman ,who helped needy people.
- He was four years old when was admitted to the mosque to learn the Qur’an.
- Iqbal learned Arabic language from his teacher, Syed Mir Hassan who was professor of Arabic at Scotch Mission College ( Sialkot ).
- He matriculated from Scotch Mission College in 1893 and completed intermediate in Faculty of Arts diploma form same college in 1895.
- In 1895 ,he enrolled at Government College University (GC Lahore ) Bachelor of Arts in English literature, philosophy and Arabic .
- Iqbal won the Khan Bahadurddin F.S. Jalaluddin medal (In GC) for performing well in Arabic.
- He received his Master of Arts degree from GC Lahore and had the first place in University of the Punjab (Punjab University )in 1899.
- in 1905, Iqbal travelled to England for education . He qualified for a scholarship from Trinity College, University of Cambridge.He received Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1906 .
- In 1907, He moved to Germany for his doctoral studies, and earned a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in 1908.
- During his study in Europe, Iqbal began to write poetry in Persian.
- Iqbal was also a known Advocate,and appeared before the Lahore High Court in both civil and criminal matters.
- In 1933, after coming back from Spain and Afghanistan trip , Iqbal suffered from a mysterious throat illness.After suffering his illness, Iqbal died in Lahore on 21 April 1938. His tomb is located in Hazuri Bagh.
Iqbal Poetry :
Ishq Bhi Ho Hijab Mein Husn Bhi Ho Hijab Mein
Ye Tu Khud Aaskaar Ho Ye Muje Aashkaar Kar