Lee Kuan Yew Biography
Full Name: Lee Kuan Yew
Nick Name: LKY
Date of Birth: September 16, 1923 ( Age 91 Years)
Place of Birth: Singapore in the Straits Settlements
Education/University: He attained a scholarship to attend Raffles College (now National University of Singapore).
Died: March 23, 2015, Outram, Singapore
Cause of Death: Pneumonia
Father Name: Lee Chin Koon
Mother Name: Chua Jim Neo
Spouse: Kwa Geok Choo
Children: Lee Wei Ling, Lee Hsien Loong, Lee Hsien Yang
Interesting Facts (biography) about Lee Kuan Yew
- Lee Kuan Yew was the first Prime Minister of Singapore, and served the country for 30 years.
- Lee Kuan Yew is commonly referred to by the initial letters of his name LKY.
- Lee was the first Prime Minister of Singapore, and governed for three decades
- He became the Prime Minister of Singapore in June 1959.
- Lee joined the Scouts for three years, and played cricket, tennis, and chess, and also took part in school debates.
- He established an excellent academic record at Cambridge and won a star for special distinction by graduating with a “double first”—that is, first class honors in his two vital wide-ranging examinations.
- His grandfather and father were considered middle class and both were English-educated.
- Lee Kuan Yew had 3 brothers and 1 sister and he was the eldest of five children.
- He met his wife when they were reading law at Cambridge and the pair got married in 1950.
- Lee Kuan Yew passed away on 23 Mar 2015, he was 91 years old at that time.
- Lee Kuan Yew had been suffering from ill health for 2 years previous.