Mao Zedong 毛泽东 Biography
Full Name : Mao Zedong
Nick name : The Great Helmsman
Nationality : Chinese
Born City : Shaoshan , China
Birth Date : 26 December 1893
Profession : Politician
Height : 5 feet 9 inches
College/University : First Middle School of Changsha , Hunan First Normal University
Mother Name : Wen Qimei
Spouse/Partner : Luo Yigu
Siblings : Zemin , Zetan , , Zejian
Children: Mao Anying, Mao Anqing, Li Na, Li Min, Mao Anhong , Mao Anlong
Mao Zedong Biography
- Mao born in a wealthy family whose father was a farmer.
- Mao worked in the farms with family in his early age.
- Zedong have the interests in reading books and he often read different types of novels and books.
- He took part in a war against Qing dynasty as a soldier.
- He was a communist and he joined Chinese Communism Party (CCP) in 1921.
- Zedong was the mediator between the political party Kuomintang (KMT) and CCP during the both parties collation.
- Later on, Zedong went to Hunan, headed a party there and protests against the governor of Hunan after japan occupied large areas of china. But he deported to Beijing after threatened by Zhang.
- Communist party and KMT again allied from 1937 to 1345 till the end of civil war.
- After the end of civil war Mao Zedong announced to form the people republic of china.
- In the next few years Mao reformed in china and promote education, doubled the number of child’s in schools as well major reforms in land.
- He launched Hundred Flowers campaign.
- In 1958 Mao Zedong launched a campaign to increase the agriculture production. He took major steps to increase the productions and gave some land and share to families working in the fields.
- In 1966 He launcher a cultural campaign.
- Mao Zedong met United States president Richard Nixon in 1972 that minimize tensions between two countries.
Biography of Mao Zedong