Full Name : Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
Nick name : Madiba
Nationality : South African
Born City : Mvezo, South Africa
Birth Date : 18 july 1918
Profession : Writer , Social Activist , Lawyer
Height : 6 feet 1 inch
Religion : Christian
College/University : University of London , Healdtown Comprehensive School , University of Fort Hare , University of South Africa , University of the Witwatersrand
Degree : Law
Died on: 5 December 2013 ( lung infection )
Mother Name : Noqaphi Nosekeni
Spouse/Partner : Evelyn Mase , Winnie Mandela , Graça Machel
Siblings : Daligqili Mandela , Mhlalwa Mandela , Nomabandla Mandela , Lieby Piliso , Nothusile Bhulehluth , Mabel Notancu Ntimakhwe , Makhutswana Mandela , Baliwe Mandela , Constance Mbekeni Mandela
Children: Makgatho Mandela , Madiba Thembekile Mandela , Makaziwe Mandela , Zenani Mandela , Zindziswa Mandela , Makaziwe Mandela-Amuah
Here is some famous books of Nelson Mandela
- Long Walk to freedom
- Conversation with Myself
- Favorite African folktales
- Nelson Mandela : In his own words
- Long walk to freedom(Adapter for children)
Interesting facts About Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Biography
- Nelson Mandela ‘s father was a chief but afterward he lost his title over a dispute with magistrate.
- After this incident mandela’s family shifted to Qunu , a small village where they spent very miserable life for some years where there were very limited resources.
- Nelson Mandela was first boy in his family who went to school.
- After his father died when he was nine years old. Mandela adopted by the acting chief of that time Chief Jongintaba Dalindyebo, mandela shifted to chief’s house with him.
- He studied under the guardianship of chief. He was a hardworking student.
- Nelson Mandela was student leader at college and expelled in his first year due to violation.
- He then shifted to Johannesburg and admitted in the University of Witwatersrand to study law.
- He took part in the anti racial discrimination movement there, and joined African National Congress(ANC) party in 1944. ANC was a youth party.
- Nelson Mandela first married Evelyn Ntoko Mase in 1944, and he had four children from her.
- After 1948 election ANC plan to start a movement of equal rights for all south Africans without skin color discrimination.
- ANC started strikes, Civil Disobedience and other movements for people’s rights.
- Mandela lead this campaign and travelled across the country for the awareness.
- In 1955 Nelson Mandela and his other activists jailed for 6 years.
- In 1961 co-founded an armed party “NK”.
- In 1962 Mandela imprisoned again for the violence allegations against him and ANC.
- Mandela spent 27 years in jail for different allegations against him.
- Nelson Mandela released on 11 February 1990.
- After release he declared to continue his movement to reform the constitution.
- In 1991 Mandela elected the President of ANC.
- Nelson Mandela and president de Klerk were jointly awarded the noble piece prize for there struggles.
- In 1994 South Africa held first democratic elections in which Nelson Mandela elected as the first black president of south Africa.
- He was president from 1994 to 1999.
- After his retirement he continued social works for the peoples.
- Nelson Mandela died on 5 December 2013 due to lung infection.