Navjot Singh Sidhu
Name: Navjot Singh Sidhu
Nick Name: Sixer Sidhu ,Sheri Paaji ,Sheri
Born City: Patiala
Birth Date: 20 October 1963 ( Age 55 years)
Profession : Former Cricketer ,Politician, commentator
Party : Indian National Congress
Height : 6 feet 2 inchs
College/University, : Yadavindra Public School ,Patiala, HR College of Commerce and Economics.
Father Name: Sardar Bhagwant Singh
Mother Name: Nirmal sidhu
Spouse/Partner: Navjot kaur Sidhu
Children: Rabia Sidhu ,Karan Sidhu
- Rahul Gandhi is ‘man of the series’, foundation laid for 2019
Rs 1 crore reward on Sidhu’s head for ‘insulting’ Yogi Adityanath by Hindu Yuva Vahini
- Sidhu faces flak over jibe at Amarinder, 3 Punjab ministers .. resignation from the state cabinet
- I do not know who is Gopal Chawla: Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Navjot Singh Sidhu was invited to the oath taking ceremony of the newly elected prime minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan.
Interesting Facts About Navjot Singh:
Navjot Singh Sidhu is noted for his one-liners, which are known as ‘Sidhuisms’. He has worked for Nimbus, Ten Sports and ESPN Star Sports
Sidhu wants to joins indian army but his father want him to be Cricketer. Sardar Bhagwant Singh was also a cricket player.
Sidhu’s wife, Dr Navjot Sidhu, shares the same first name with her husband.
Navjot Singh Sidhu Biography ( Cricketer and Politician ) :
- Navjot Singh is a former Indian national cricketer and TV commentator who joined politics after retiring from cricket in December, 1999 .
- Sardar Bhagwant Singh Sidhu, his father Sardar Bhagwant Singh Sidhu.
- He made his international debut in a Test match against West Indies in 1983. He made his ODI debut in October 1987 against Australia. Sidhu was Right-handed batsman.
- He retired from cricket in 1999. He played his last match on 6 January 1999 against New Zealand.
- Sidhu started his career as a commentator when India toured Sri-Lanka in 2001. Sidhu was banned by the ICC from commentating in Bangladesh’s games, due to racial comments thrown indirectly towards the Bangladesh team.
- In 2013, Sidhu joined the comedy show Comedy Nights with Kapil as a permenent guest . He was also permanent guest on The Kapil Sharma Show and Family Time With Kapil Sharma.
- Sidhu joined politics in 2004. Sidhu won on a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ticket from the Amritsar seat in the Indian general elections, 2004.
- Singh along with Pargat Singh formed a new political front – Aawaaz-e-Punjab claiming to fight against those working against Punjab.
- In January 2017, Sidhu joined the Indian National Congress. He won from Amritsar East in the 2017 Punjab Assembly elections. He is now Minister of Local Government, Tourism, Cultural Affairs the State of Punjab .
Last updated ( 11 DEC 2018)