Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Full Name : Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Nick name : Sultan
Nationality : Turkish
Born City : Kasımpasa , Beyoglu , Turkey
Birth Date : 26 February 1954
Profession : Politician
Height : 6′ 0″
Religion : Muslim
College/University : Kasımpaşa Piyale primary school , Eyup High School , Marmara University
Degree : Business Administration
Father Name : Ahmet Erdogan
Mother Name : Tenzile Erdogan
Spouse/Partner : Emine Erdogan
Siblings : Mustafa , Vesile
Children: Sumeyye Erdogan, Esra Erdogan, Necmettin Bilal Erdogan, Ahmet Burak Erdogan
Interesting facts about Erdogan
Erdogan As Politician
- In the Early politics he was the youth leader of National Salvation Party.
- In 1994 Erdogan elected as the Mayor of Istanbul , Turkey.
- Erdogan was religious from the beginning because of his family background. He recited a poem “The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers …” which includes religious hatred. On the basis of that speech in 1997, Court announced him imprisonment of 10 months in 1999, which was later reduced to 4 months.
- Erdogan was on the position of mayor from 1994 to 1998.
- Erdogan Participated in the Parliamentary elections as the party head of political party AKP.
- In the elections of 2002 AKP won the majority but election board canceled the elections because of major irregularities.
- Election Board scheduled the re-election in 2003. AKP won the 2003 elections and Erdogan became the Prime Minister of Turkey.
- In the Election of 2007 and 2011 AKP won the elections and Erdogan became the prime minister second and third time which was a record.
- In the elections of 2011 AKP won the majority for the third time and Erdogan secured his position of prime minister for the third time.
- APK won the presidential elections in 2014 and Erdogan became the president of turkey.
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan won the general elections of 2018 and again elected as president of turkey.
Last Updated (5 January 2018)