Shakira Colombian Singer
Full Name : Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
Nick name : shaki
Nationality : Colombian
Born City : Barranquilla
Religion : Christian
Birth Date : 2 February 1977
Profession : Singer, song writer
Height :5 feet 2 inches
College/University : La Ensenanza School , University of California
Degree : University Dropout
Mother Name : Nidia del Carmen Ripoll Torrado
Spouse/Partner : Gerard Piqué
Siblings : Tonino Mebarak , Alberto Mebarak , Robin Mebarak , Antonio Mebarak , Patricia Mebarak , Moises Mebarak , Edward Mebarak,
Lucy Mebarak , Ana Mebarak
Children: Milan Piqué Mebarak , Sasha Piqué Mebarak
Shakira promoters pull necklace resembling Nazi symbol
Interesting facts About Shakira
- Born in Columbia. Her father was a Lebanese and mother from Columbia.
- She started to write in her early ages. She wrote first poem at the age of four and song at the age of eight.
- She sung and danced in her school. Her mother taught her belly dance which she often performed at her school.
- She was also knows as belly dance girl at school.
- Here first tow albums “Magia” “Paligro” were not so hit.
- After some albums she focused herself towards American music.
- Her album MTV unplugged in 2000 won the grammy award.
- She launched her first English album “Laundry service” that was a top hit. It takes Shakira to the new heights. Album song “Whenever Wherever” was the super Hot song of the album. This Album was wrote by herself , some how her writing was questioned.
- Her two albums released in 2005. First was a Spanish album “Fijacian Oral” and the other was English album named “Oral Fixation, Vol. 2”. Both albums top in the United States.
- Her Single ” Hips don’t Lie” in 2006 broke all records which later made her signature song. Song was one of the most watched videos of that time on YouTube.
- After the album “She Wolf” in 2009 she sung a song name ” WAKA WAKA” for fit world cup 2010 that made her international hit.
- In 2014 she launched the album “Shakira” duet with Rihanana.
- Her latest album is EI Dorado in 2017
Shakira – Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) (The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Song)