Asif Ali Zardari
Name: Asif Ali Zardari (آصف علی زرداری )
Nick Name: Mr 10%
Born City: Karachi
Birth Date: July 26, 1955
Profession : Politician , Businessman
Height : 5 feet 9 inchs
College/University, : St Patrick’s High School, Karachi,Cadet College Petaro, St. Patrick’s College (Karachi)
Father Name: Hakim Ali Zardari
Mother Name: Ara Zardari
Spouse/Partner: Benazir Bhutto
Siblings: Faryal Talpur , Owais Muzaffar ,Azra Fazal Pechuho , Fouzia Zardari
Children: Bilawal Bhutto, Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari , Aseefa Bhutto Zardari
Those with a service tenure of just three years can’t decide nation’s fate: Zardari
- Sharif brothers tried to assassinate me twice: Asif Ali Zardari
Interesting Facts About Asif Ali Zardari
He was sent to jail because vast corruption and misuse of public funds.
Zardari removed the picture of founder of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam from the President House after becoming the President triggering widespread condemnation.
Zardari’s favorite bollywood actress is Madhuri Dixit.
Zardari as politician
- In 1983, Zardari attempted to begin his political career. Unfortunately, he lost the election for the district council seat in Nawabshah.
- His political dreams were properly started career through his wife Benazir Bhutto, with her election as Prime Minister of Pakistan in 1988.
- In 1990, Zardari was arrested on kidnapping and extortion charges and his part in the corruption of his wife’s administration.
- In 1993, his wife once again obtained the political power necessary to assist her husband. He was released from jail and appointed minister of the environment and federal minister for investment
- In 1996, Ali was suspected in his brother-in-law’s murder and was sent back to jail this time on charges of murder, money laundering, and corruption.
- In 1997, Despite being in prison at the time, he was elected to serve on the Pakistan Senate.
- In December (2017 ) , Benazir Bhutto was assassinated and he took on her political roles.
- Due to his wife’s death, he became the leader of the ‘Pakistan People’s Party’ in place of his wife. On September 6, 2008 he was elected president of Pakistan.
Last Updated : 16 Dec 2018