Chris Wanstrath Biography
Full Name: Chris Wanstrath
Date of Birth: 1983 (Age -35 years )
Place of Birth: Ohio
Citizenship: United States
Title: Technical fellow
Net worth: US$1.4 billion (October 2018)
Marital Status: Single
Source of Wealth: Collaborative Software, Self-Made
Education: Bachelor of Arts/Science
College/University: University of Cincinnati
Occupation: CEO at GitHub
Service/Profession: Software Developer
Rank: CEO at GitHub
Some Interesting Facts about Chris Wanstrath
- Chris Wanstrath is an American technology entrepreneur. He is the co-founder and former CEO of GitHub, a social network centered around software development.
- At the age of 21, he was an English major to drop out the college to pursue his dreams
- He self-taught himself programming
- It took him 10 years to build GitHub the largest open software community in the world with 50 million projects
- He was inspired by Wikipedia
- His philosophy is ‘community is more important than project
- GitHub puts founder on leave, kicks wife out of office after harassment claim
- He went to the University of Cincinnati, and went back as a speaker when it launched a new tech incubator in 2013.
- His first job was at CNET, where he met cofounder P.J. Hyett.
- When GitHub raised a $250 million round of funding in July that brought its valuation (way) above $1 billion, Wanstrath tweeted a cartoon drawing of a unicorn.