Nawaz Sharif Biography
Name: Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif(میاں محمد نواز شریف)
Nick Name: Kuggo (Lion )
Born City: Lahore
Birth Date: 25 December 1949
Profession : Politician
Height : 5 feet 8 inchs
College/University, : GC University Lahore,Punjab University Lahore
Degree: Art and business ,Law
Father Name: Mian Muhammad Sharif
Mother Name: Shamim Akhtar
Spouse/Partner: Kalsoom Nawaz Sharif
Siblings: Abbas Sharif ,Shehbaz Sharif
Children: Maryam Nawaz, , Asma Nawaz Sharif,Hussain Nawaz Sharif, Hassan Nawaz Sharif
- Nawaz was disqualified for life from office by the Supreme Court of Pakistan in July 2017 in Panama Papers leak.
- Nawaz Sharif sentenced to 10 years, Maryam 7 in Avenfield reference ( 6 July 2018 )
- Nawaz has been handed a fine of 8 million pounds, while Maryam has been fined 2m pounds ( 6 July 2018 ) (What is AVENFIELD REFERENCE? )
- Nawaz given seven-year jailterm in Al-Azizia reference, arrested from courtroom .The court ordered that Nawaz be “sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for a term of 07 year along with a fine if Rs1.5 billion and US$25 million ( 24 Dec 2018 ).
- Accountability Court dismisses Nawaz Sharif’s plea seeking delay in judgment ( 6 July 2018 )
- Islamabad High Court may suspend the punishment order of Maryam Nawaz & Nawaz Sharif. Reportedly NAB has not been successful to establish the proves on strong grounds against Mian & Family ( 19 Sept 2018 )
Interesting Facts About Nawaz Sharif
He was very shy and a quiet student in his school life. He never spoke in class and did not answer the questions of his teachers, even knowing the answer of questions.
He has a lot of love for cricket. He was a good opening batsman. Ramiz Raja(Pakistani Crickter) confessed that Nawaz played for the same club as he played.
Nawaz as politician
Nawaz Sharif is famous Pakistani politician and businessman . He is leader of Pakistan Muslim League (N) partyPMLN.This party was founded in 17 August 1988. He was elected 1 time as Chief Minister of Punjab and 3 times as Prime Minister of Pakistan.Now He is Known Ex-Prime Minister of Pakistan.
1985 to 1990 (Chief Minister)
1st November 1990 to 18th July 1993 (Prime Minister)
17th February 1997 to 12th October 1999 (Prime Minister)
1st June 2013 to 28 July 2017 (Prime Minister)
- He implemented several policies to promote privatization and liberalization of the economy.
- He introduced policies to accelerate the growth of industrialization, increase private savings.
- Nuclear tests in May 1998
- Construction of Motorways in pakistan
- CPEC(China–Pakistan Economic Corridor)
- Metro bus Project in 3 cities
- Metro Train in Lahore
- Fastest Rising Economy in 2017
- Laptop, Yellow Taxi Scheme
- PSL(Pakistan Super League)
- Laptop, Yellow Taxi Schemes
- “BBC, Timeline: Pakistan’s political rivals”. BBC News. 26 September 2007. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- “Nawaz Sharif in 2008”. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 18 August 2008. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
(Last Updated 24 DEC 2018)