Ratan Tata Biography
Full Name: Ratan Naval Tata
Nick Name: RNT
Date of Birth: December 28, 1937
Place of Birth: Surat, India
Age: 81 years
Residence: Colaba, Mumbai, India
Education: B.S. in architecture with structural engineering
University: Cornell University
Occupation: Chairman emeritus, Tata Sons Former chairman, Tata Group
Net Worth: $1 Billion As of Jan 15, 2017
Siblings: Noel Tata
Father Name: Naval Tata
Mother Name: Sooni Tata
Interesting Facts (biography) about Ratan Tata
- Ratan Naval Tata, GBE is an Indian industrialist, investor, philanthropist, and a former chairman of Tata Sons who assists as its chairman emeritus
- His biotic motherly grandmother had been the sister of Hirabai Tata, wife of group founder Jamshedji Tata.
- When he was ten, his parents, got parted and he and his brother were brought up by his grandmother, Navajbai Tata.
- His first language is Gujarati.
- He was instrumental in the origin and building of Tata Nano and Tata Indica cars.
- Tata stated, “I came seriously close to getting married four times and each time I backed off in fear or for one reason or another.
- Tara inspires people by saying, “I don’t believe in taking right decision, I take decisions and make them right”.
- Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Lifetime Achievement (2013)
- Sayaji Ratna Award (2014)
- Padma Vibhushan
- Padma Bhushan,
- CNN-IBN Indian of the Year in Business